Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Columbus' Four Day Weekend

Tuesday 10/14/08 - Biking

Teacher's in-service today, no school. I didn't do much today. I just took my bike out and biked around Milpitas while taking pictures at the same time. I'm getting a used SB800 Speed Light soon. I was supposed to go to Bell today just cause everyone else had school. SFHS is finally gonna get a Lacrosse team and I'm shooting for it. Anyway, PSATs are tomorrow. What a drag...

I'll see if I can get some picture up later...

Monday 10/13/08 - Chili's

So today my mom wakes me up and makes me drive her to Costco so she can buy food. I guess I'm a chauffeur or something now. Just kidding.

I chilled with Ray for the rest of the day. We went to MHS because they don't celebrate Christopher Columbus, Hahahahah. Actually, I don't even know why we are off today. Anyway, afterwards, we went to Chili's for the MHS Sophomore class fundraiser. It was pretty fun.
I'll see if I can get pictures up later.

Sunday 10/12/08 - Great Mall for Homecoming clothes:Teal

Today had a very cold morning. I woke up and watched some football. 

Atlanta Flacons vs the Chicago Bears game was amazing. So amazing that I'm going to recap just for future reference.

Feel free to skip to the next paragraph. In the last 4 minutes, 19-10 Chicago trailing with the ball, then a goal line stand by the Falcons, forcing a field goal 19-13. Then an 85-yard kickoff return by Atlanta’s Jerious Norwood. ATL killing the clock down to 2:30 for a field goal. Then Elam, the kicker, misses for the first missed field goal in 31 attempts, turn over on downs. The Bears have a gutty 80 yard drive that end with Kyle Ortons touchdown pass to Rashied Davis to take the lead 20-19 with 11 seconds remaining. Finally, with the Atlanta fans feeling disappointed, the Falcons have a kick off return with 6 seconds remaining in the game. Matt Ryan hooks up with Michael Jenkins on a 26-yard catch as he goes out of bounds at the 38 yard line with 1 second remaining. Elam has a chance for redemption as he attempts a 48 yard game winning field goal. The ball flies through and the Falcons win.

Anyway, Today I went to GM for Homecoming shopping with a good chunk of people. Its so difficult to find a dark teal tie. I basically went through the entire mall looking for something to match Victoria's dress. She even went to Eastridge to look for clothes. Afterwards, I went o LaSan for the information meeting on the Vietnam trip next summer with Frere Phong.

I came home to Russell's Yahoo! NBA Fantasy Draft. It was my first ever fantasy leage and it took an hour and a half to draft.


So I've had this song in my mind since Friday when it was used for morning prayer. 

Its Never Let Me Down by Kanye West feat. Jay-Z and J-Ivy, but the excerpt is taken from J-Ivy's verse, a poem.

[J.Ivy:]
We are all here for a reason on a particular path
You don't need a curriculum to know that you are part of the math
Cats think I'm delirious, but I'm so damn serious
That's why I expose my soul to the globe, the world

I'm trying to make it better for these little boys and girls
I'm not just another individual, my spirit is a part of this
That's why I get spiritual, but I get my hymns from Him
So it's not me, it's He that's lyrical

I'm not a miracle, I'm a heaven-sent instrument
My rhythmatic regimen navigates melodic notes for your soul and your mental
That's why I'm instrumental

Vibrations is what I'm into
Yeah, I need my loot by rent day
But that is not what gives me the heart of Kunte Kinte
I'm tryina give us "us free" like Cinque
I can't stop, that's why I'm hot

Determination, dedication, motivation
I'm talking to you, my many inspirations
When I say I can't, let you or self down

If I were of the highest cliff, on the highest riff
And you slipped down the side and clinched on to your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down
And when these words are found
Let it been known that God's penmanship has been signed with a language called love
That's why my breath is felt by the deaf
And why my words are heard and confined to the ears of the blind
I, too, dream in color and in rhyme

So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cuz whenever I open my heart, my soul, or my mouth
A touch of God reigns out
------------------------------------------------


Saturday 10/11/08 - All Day Drive

Very tiring day, but finally finished Behind-the-Wheel training. Didn't do much but drive all day and surprisingly, I'm kinda sick of it. Makes me tired.

So, I woke up at 930am and went for my last day of training. Drove all the way to Valley Christian. Came home, drove to TK Noodle for lunch, then to GM to drop off Mimi. 

Came home, cleaned the room. Went to hem and tapper my jeans, then picked up Mimi and drove to Most Holy Trinity for mass. Then, I drove alllll the way to Union City to eat at Texas Roadhouse for steak. It was pretty good. 

SFHS def SI and MHS def LG. Nice!

Anyway, I listened to T.I.'s new album and it is pretty good. 

Listen to it.

T.I. Paper Trail

No comments: