I didn't really know what to expect coming into Junior Retreat. I honestly forgot and wasn't even conscious about it. I was wondering how I would take the experience. I didn't have too many friends on the trip and I was a little intimidated about the popular girl's clique that also went on the retreat. Out of all of it, I just decided not to anticipate, and just participate.
The retreat went very well. I got to connect with people and learn about a few of my classmates, which I otherwise would have never talked to. It was great having deep conversations about our beliefs and seeing different views and perspectives of faith and life. I'm glad I got to talk to a lot of people because it helped me realize that we are all just people and there is definitely a lot more to each one of us that how we are seen by appearance.
I am really glad that I got the chance to go on this retreat with this group of people. There were many reinforcing affirmations that made me feel good. Its very interesting to see how people perceive me to be and I am very thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment