Today at school was Born in America Day - A lame way to show nationalism for election day.
WDYWT: Supreme Soul tee, Levi long sleeve, Levis, Pumas
Here is our hall decoration. Theme was Austin Powers. Lame.
We had a school wide mock election. I went to the voting poll 5 times and honestly couldn't decide. I was just so undecided. I guess all this time I was just waiting and thinking that when the day came, I would know. It was hard. Even though it didn't count, I didn't vote because I didn't have my head straight and I didn't want to vote being influenced. Even though it didn't mean anything whatsoever, I felt that it had a special importance in how I would vote 4 years from now. Obama won the mock election.
Towards the evening, I came home and tuned into the election coverage's. I stopped and thought over everything for awhile. I probably watched a good 3 hours of coverage. Democrats now hold the majority seats in both the House and the Senate.I'm not sure if I finally took a side or not, but when they announced the winner, I had the ineffable feeling. It wasn't a good or bad feeling. It was like I was frozen and I was taking in everything. I realized that that moment would be a moment I would remember for a long time. A moment in history that I would live in to tell my grandchildren about. The 44th president, Barack Obama, becomes the United State's first African-American president. Obama won the electoral vote 338 to McCain's 156. The popular vote was also very close with Obama leading 51% to McCain's 49%.
I hope for a bright future because it is going to be a very long journey of change. We need EVERYONE to come together and work with each other to reach our goals. Hopefully this change will mark a new era following Reagan. Respect for McCain for a hard fight. And a new hope in ourselves, our country, and our world with Barack Obama. We are ready. Yes we can.
"Rosa sat, so Martin can stand, so Obama can run."

No comments:
Post a Comment