Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Off to Vietnam

Off to Vietnam today!

I had lunch with Lynn and Jomar at Red Lobster. Miggy, Matt, and Russ joined as soon after. Finished packing all the last minute items. Around 530pm I went on my "Good-bye tour" around the city. Stopped by a few places before I left. I went by BYC then went to Chipotle for dinner before the flight. Rushed back to BYC to say goodbye to Matt, Troy, Eric, Chanda, and Quan. Rushed home and ate and then was off to SFO.

Waited....waited...waited....for like 4 hours doing nothing. Flight was delayed for refueling. The plane didn't have any mini entertainment systems like they normally do so I was sooo bored throughout the 12 hour flight. And I was supposed to stay awake for the first 5 hours so that I wouldn't be jet-lagged. Greeaaat.

Landed in Taipei 12 hours later. 2 hour overlap. Arrived in Saigon at 945AM local time. I did get some cool sunrise shots again over the Pacific. I still couldn't believe I was in another country. I woke up one point on the flight and completely forgot that I was on an airplane. Will miss CA for the next 4 weeks!

No comments: