Thursday, September 24, 2009

Taking care of business

Monday 9/21
So today I was called into the dean's office regarding my photos that I posted on Facebook. Apparently, I violated a law by posting pictures of people under the age of 18. And since SFHS is a private school and I was using a school yearbook pass to take the pictures, I directly violated the school's rules. So I guess on my part, it was my fault. I didn't think it would be that big of deal. They told me that since the pictures were leaked, they could no longer use them for the yearbook and they "didn't want to lose [me]" as a yearbook photographer. I felt pretty upset that none of my photos would be used. Anyway, it went on that because I am shooting for the school for the yearbook, all my shots would be in the full possession of the school, and that I would have no ownership of my photos, which I used my own equipment to shoot. That upset me. I had a few days to think about my position on the yearbook. Some rumors went off that I gave the moderator some attitude. I thought that was ridiculous because I never indented to cause trouble. Just wanted to get the facts straight. No one ever told me these "hidden" rule when I signed up. No where in the handbook is it stated that I can't do what I did. Oh well.

Tuesday 22nd
Loaded up with work. I tried my best to get all my school work done so that I would have less to worry about for the next day. Gaaah. There needs to be more hours in the day...

Wednesday 23st
So today I decided to resign my position as photographer for the yearbook. I just couldn't let go of that fact that the school owns every picture I take. Posting is part of my hobby and its a way to get my work out. Today was definitely a busy day. Loads of things taken care of. I asked Chanda to Homecoming. :)

Thursday 24th
Today I begin relaxing. I got most of my work done within the first three days of the week so I can just coast for the rest of the week. I went to Foster's Freeze after school with Matt, Eric, and Tim for dinner. We chilled for a couple hours and ate.


I got a pass pretty much everyday of the week this week. Junior year is so busy! Time management is KEY!

No comments: