Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm Home - Surprised

I am now back in the United States. Landed on Wednesday at 430PM. Why is it so cold here? I miss Vietnam already. Its a weird feeling coming home. When I first arrived in Vietnam, it was like a switch had been turned on and I was instantly in "Vietnam Mode" and now that I'm back, that switch suddenly changes back to "California Mode". And it seems like I lose all the feelings of Vietnam within the instant I step off the plane. But I guess all I can do is try to retain what I've learned from back East and bring it Westward.

I'm feeling the fast life again, though. Coming back, I'm just loaded on things I have to do and things that have to be finished. There is so much to prepare for and not enough time.

Anyway, tonight was a pretty good night. I didn't have anything planned for the day because I just came back and was just resting and relaxing when Jomar asked me to come over to play Rock Band at 530pm. I wasn't in any rush to go or anything so I just took my time and edited pictures from the trip. It wasn't until about 630ish that Miggy and Jomar came to my door and got me to go. So we were walking down the street to Jomar's when I see Christian's car pulled up in the front and I'm like, "Wtf? What is Christian's car doing here? Is he here?" Jomar opens up his garage and there everyone is. Standing there with smiles on their faces and yelling, "Surprise! Welcome back!" I was completely surprised. I was wondering why so many people were asking me what I was doing today or tonight. Haha

Thank you everyone you was a part of the plan! I really appreciate it! I think that was my first surprise party. Thank you's to Jomar, Ariana, Miggy, Angela, Marti, Shimono, Marissa, Sharon, Roseanne, Lynn, Justin Lai, Matt Ganan, Christian, Mark, Chanda, Shawna, and Russell!


P.S. - I'll put up all my adventures in Vietnam along with pictures soon! Warning, may take a few weeks. 10+GBs of pictures.

No comments: