Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Recap of Sophomore Year

So since tomorrow is the first day of Junior year, this is my recap of Sophomore year:

This past year has been a pretty good year overall. I had a lot of fun. It was a complete turn around from Freshman year. I made the best the school and made a new crew of friends. My classes were pretty fair and I did pretty well in school for the most part. The thing I remember most about Sophomore year is all the chilling I did after school. Playing cards, ice breakers, blasting music, and being loud and obnoxious so that the entire campus can hear us, but we wouldn't care. It was good times. We had many jokes and laughs to get by everyday. I was glad to have met the Seniors.

Outside of school, I still hung out with my friends from all the different schools. I had the Homecoming Madness Month, which I went to 4 in a row. My friends of different groups met and we all became friends. The circle of friends kept growing. I also got my driver's license!

In the spring time, I was very disappointed for not making the volleyball team. It dragged me down for a bit, but I eventually decided to still be active and do track&field. I did jumping. After my lows of second semester with problems at school, home, and with my spiritual self, I pulled myself together and got back to being involved around school. I ran for class office and won and I was involved with the International Showcase. I began my rise and took on challenges. I applied for board memberships in three different clubs and got the position. I am now very active at school and looked for challenges, and I'm sure the coming year will bring some.

I can say that this past school year has brought many great experiences. I've gotten to know a lot of people and met many new friends. I've become proud to go to Saint Francis. Growing and understanding things better. I've started to get a small sense of my own self and who I am.

I can't say that next year will be the same, but I can always hope for it to be better. With many of my friends leaving the school, it will definitely be a different environment. Its going to be a challenge, but I am up for it.

No comments: