Monday, December 1, 2008

First of the Month

DECEMBER IS HERE!

Today was a super cold day. The morning was filled with thick, thick fog. I could feel the moisture in the air as I walked my campus. I'm pretty excited for the holidays, I can feel it. Only two more weeks to crank out until Finals. Teachers are trying to cram in everything for the last two dead days. I have multiple test this week and the following week that will basically make or break my grade going into the final.

We drew Secret Santas today after school. Its was SFHS Sophomore and Junior thing and we completely screwed up somehow. For some strange reason we had two extra names and no idea of who was in or out. Hahah

Happy December!


Biology Class Quotes of the Day:

"To have more than you've got, become more than you are."

"The harder you fall, the higher you bounce."


Here is a poem written by African Poet Nikki Giovanni:

If i can't do 
what i want to do 
then my job is to not 
do what i don't want 
to do

It's not the same thing 
but it's the best i can 
do

If i can't have 
what i want . . . then 
my job is to want 
what i've got 
and be satisfied 
that at least there 
is something more to want

Since i can't go 
where i need 
to go . . . then i must . . . go 
where the signs point 
through always understanding 
parallel movement 
isn't lateral

When i can't express 
what i really feel 
i practice feeling 
what i can express 
and none of it is equal

I know 
but that's why mankind 
alone among the animals 
learns to cry 

No comments: