Sunday, January 11, 2009

QUICK 09

Quest Into Christian Kinship, aka QUICK.

The 7th grade retreat/Lock-Inn is finally over! Saturday was probably one of the longest days of the year thus far. I'm glad to say that all of the hard work paid off. We put on a good retreat for the 7th graders. This time around was a lot different. We had a Lock-In style type thing instead of a camp and there was WAY too much team. It was a 2:1 team to quickster ratio, literally.

Anyway, I had a lot more to do this time around since being a member of the senior team. More planning and getting things done while showing leadership. I played the role of God throughout. All of the younger team members got experience by being part of the quickster families. I was probably awake for about 25ish hours? It was a long retreat. Anyway, we woke up in the morning because someone vandalized the Pavalkis Hall at around 5am. Someone threw a brick through room 1A window. Luckily, everyone was safe upstairs sleeping.

All in all it was very fun. Hanging out the the Senior team and having jokes and sharing experiences. I miss it already. I came home and crashed for hours. I probably had about 6 hours of sleep from Friday to Sunday.

More later. Homework time.

Pictures up later.





No comments: