Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Mama,

I love you and I appreciate all that you have done for me and Mimi. I really do. There are things that amaze me so much about how much you love us and how much you sacrifice for us. I can't seem to describe how much I understand what you go through for us and how much I appreciate it. I can't ever repay you.

This mother's day started off a bit early. My sister had planned out the whole morning. I was to wake up and pick up my auntie and bring her over to share the surprise with us. My sister woke up my mom and brought her downstairs to a surprise Mother's Day breakfast. I ended up cooking for all of us and I also picked up my grandma.

Later that day, we decided to head up to SFC for lunch because my mom was craving authentic and traditional Vietnamese food. So we went up for lunch and then headed to Redwood City after to see the library , where my mom was going to work, for the first time. Its a reaaally nice place and it seems like my mom will be happy there. I'm kind of exciting to start helping out there too.

We drove home and decided to catch a movie at AMC. We ended up seeing Star Trek. Haha, it was actually pretty gooood. The movie was definitely better than the TV series. "Live long and prosper".

We went home and got ready for Youth Mass at St. Pats. We haven't been there in awhile. Mimi and I went last week, but before that, we probably hadn't been there in months! Went to eat after church and I came home to loads of homework that I didn't even start yet. During the day, I interviewed my mom about her experience in Vietnam during the war for an assignment. I had already heard stories about it before, but every time I hear the stories, it always seems more important to me than the last time.

Mothers day was a well needed day for all of us. We all got to relieve some stress and relax. Even though I didn't get to express my full thankfulness to you, I had a great day spending time with you.


Everyday there are more and more single mothers raising kids alone. Mothers who play multiple job role in the household. They are never fully thanked for the hard work and labor they do day in and day out. It is the toughest job in the world and my mother is up for the challenge without hesitation. I am so thankful for what you have done for me. From your escape to the US, to your hard work to make money to support us, for all your efforts to send us to a PRIVATE Catholic school that teaches me more about God and keeps me on track to go to college, your efforts to supply me with the best are never thought past.

Thank you for everything.

No comments: