"They said that there wouldn't be a black president until pigs flew. Well, 100 days into Barack Obama's presidency, swine flu."
Well, I've been having a crummy week. No, I'm not infected with swine flu or anything, but I've gotten sick with a flu and I can't afford to miss school. Gahh...
Media really does overhype the swine flu. People have to realize that its just a normal flu and the only reason why the government is concerned is that it jumped from animals to humans. People are dying in Mexico because their hospitals suck and they are infecting mostly infants or older people.
Anyway, last league meet before the start of WCAL trials is against Archbishop Riordan. This was pretty much a practice meet for us, us being undefeated. Anyway, for being a practice meet, I completely screw up and probably did my personal worst. Being sick and having my shin splints come back(AGAIN!) I did horrible. Out of the two events I did, LJ and TJ I landed one(1), yes, one, jump. I was 0-3 for LJ, and 0-3 for TJ until I decided that no matter what, I'd get a mark on my last jump, so all I had to do was make the pit. And I did, on my absolute last jump. Shin splints and flu sucks. I got a shot at running the 100m and 4X400m too, but my shins didn't let me. I felt bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment