Gahh...^^^ that is basically all I have to say.
WCAL trials were pretty disappointing for me. Here is the background story:
So, competing in league trials, the top 8 scores advance to the finals this weekend, and I didn't really want to have to go all the way back just to compete in a jump. I really didn't want to go to finals, but I also wanted to do well. So I had to decide if I should throw my jumps or just give it my all.
I did pretty bad in Triple Jump, but I didn't care to much because all I really wanted to do was do well in the Long Jump.
As Long came around, I went in seeded tied for 4th overall in the league for Long Jump with a mark of 19'3.5''. So my odds of placing into the final 8 were pretty high. I decided that I would just give it my all in my jumps. I felt that I was finally was able to compete to my highest ability because my shins weren't hurting too much anymore and I finally got a good mark. My first jump was amazing. I don't know how I did it, but I popped up so high and far. I'm pretty sure I jumped in the 19-20ft area, but sadly, I scratched the board. On my next jump, I scooted back a bit so that I wouldn't scratch. I jumped again, and I got the same height and length. I went pretty far, too. The official call was that my foot was just SLIGHTLY or like a centimeter over the board! I was pretty mad. After all of this, I actually might end up not even qualifying for finals. My last jump came up. And I guess I was pretty tired from my last two jumps that I my legs were tired. I jumped and didn't do too well, landing a 17'8''.
I left the meet pretty disappointed because the over-all leader was about 20 feet. I could have won or gotten second in the event. Instead, I went home with a feeling of disappointment.
Even though there is always next year, that was my chance of getting a WCAL title. Next year is going to be tougher, with better jumpers. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment