Monday, June 23, 2008

SEATTLE Recap

Friday 6/20

So this morning I wake up around 745 to go to the airport. My mom wants to get there early so we leave at 830 when the flight is at 1040. I can't believe how many more trees there are in Washington than in Cali.

So I arrived in Seattle around 1230 and went to my Great Uncle's house. Can you believe there were 15 people packed together in the house. I felt bad cause some people had to sleep in the garage. Anyway, I just chilled and hung out with my cousins. I took a WDYWT picture copying Mark.

Saturday 6/21

So this morning I wake up to 3 kids jumping on my bed telling me to get ready for mass. We went to St. James Cathedral and man, there were HELLA people. I attended an ordination for 4 deacons. As the procession came in, the entire left side of the building was filled up with guest priests and members of the Society of Jesus. The mass was about 3 hours long. I ran into Christine, from Agape, throughout the trip though! It was kinda random, but she said she flew in that very morning and was taking a road trip to Canada.




After mass, we had lunch and then went back to the house. My cousins and I went biking around the island, Mercer Island, and I visited the high school. Apparently, its the only high school on the island, kinda like MHS. We went back home and got ready to go to dinner with the Jesuit Society at Seattle University. I only brought with me one set of nice clothes but two ties, so I changed ties.




I felt kinda out of place because I was the only non Jesuit there. (Holy Cross) It was kinda funny because I could hear some trash talking between family members. I guess it could've been jokes? I don't know, but it was funny. After dinner, we stopped by a beach and walked around for a bit. I skipped stones into the ocean.

This little girl right here is my Aunt!



Afterwards, we went to this house to have dinner again. The food from before wasn't so good.
I tried eating rabbit. Here are some pictures and a video of my experience.




I played poker with my cousins and won $5.



Sunday 6/22

So this morning I wake up early again to attend the Thanks giving mass. Mass was pretty long with about 15 guest priests. After mass, I had lunch and went biking around the island again. Schwinn bikes are soooo nice. The hills on the island were hella steep, too.

Later on, we went to another reception to have dinner with the newly ordained's family and friends. We ate at this place called New Hong Kong. During the party, all the priests went up to sing karaoke. It was pretty funny because there were 2 white priests in a room full of Vietnamese and they had to sing by themselves. One of them sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Haha. 



Later that night, we went home and rented the movie Jumper. I thought it was pretty good.

Here are some Views of Seattle at Night:

SAFECO Field and QWEST Statium



Monday 6/23

Finally, going home. So this morning I wake up at 10am and packed for my flight home. Flight was at 1210pm and I played Sudoku on the way back. 

I'm so glad that I missed the Californian Heat Wave! I heard it was 115 degrees outside?! Damnnn. Good thing I escaped to Seattle. The hottest was 85 degees, but it was pretty humid.

Now, I am HOME SWEET HOME.  I'll upload pictures soon.

No comments: