Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 11 - Vung Tau

Beeeeeeach day with the family.

So today I realized how much I really love and should play football (soccer). I just got this urge and a big rush out of playing especially when I'm in an area where football is the most famous sport.

Woke up at 7am and took a two and half hour drive to the beach Vung Tau. I just chilled at the beach and hung out with my cousins. I got pretty dark today, but got sunburn on my face. The beach was pretty cool. I went about 300 ft out from shore and I was still standing on sand, so it was good.

We had a football match against the family. 4vs4. It was the old guys, our dad's, versus the young guys, us. We won 3-1.

I'm starting to really appreciate the Vietnamese concert videos that all my relatives are always watching on tv because I normally think its annoying. Its kind of like the Vietnamese versions of Wowowee. But not really, so I don't know what to compare it to. Paris By Night is an example. I was thinking about how strange Vietnamese comedy would be if it was translated into English.

Anyway, that night, when we had dinner, the waitor&waitress gave us food from another table 5 times. It was pretty funny. Basically every dish that came to our table wasn't ours until about 20 minutes later. I actually wish we ordered the food that came to our table instead.

Pictures up soon!

No comments: