So, my mom sent one of my essays from school to my grandpa. My grandpa used it to help his class learn mroe English and he asked me to read it to them. After reading what I wrote, I realized that I needed to start listening to my own words. I've decided that I am going to give the sneaker game a break for awhile so I can set my priorities straight.
Here is the essay I wrote awhile back. Ironically, it was an essay written in English for my Spanish class, later used for a Vietnamese class to learn English.
#1 What moves you?
It's the bravery of the boy who stands up to the bullies that moves me. It's the cour
age of the German m
an who helps out a Jewish girl that moves me. It's the love of a mother who won't let go of her child while her city is under attack that moves me. It's the hope of the student who stays in school rather than drop out that moves me. It's the inspiration from the teacher to the student, who never listens, to go out and create a better world that moves me. It's the movement of change that keeps me going...It's the actions of those who make a difference, not those who sit and cry about it.
We live in a corrupt world, but there are still those who fight for peace, to make a difference, for change. I want to change the world. We all can change the world. We can all make it a better place for ourselves and our children. Let us all get up and move.
#2
We live in a very demanding world, where we must meet every demand at its expec
ted deadline. But, it seems as if life is more and more stressful with each thing we invent for ourselves to save time. With our intentions of production at a higher level, we did not create an easier life style, but a more difficult. Now that we have computers, cell phones, cars,
and the internet, we have accomplished
great things in great amounts of time. Our world today is picking up its pace on production and industrialization adn that is where our stress is originating. We are stuck in the movement of improvement that we no longer have time to save, but only time for more innovation.
The world has never seen such exponential growth in society throughout history like it did within the last two decades. We work and work, trying to be a step ahead; searchings for the better life, stressing over time. We often run so fast to get to the end that we miss all the fun of getting there.
So, that afternoon I went out and walked down the streets to go shopping and buy gifts for my friends, but you're just going to have to wait and see what they are.
Later, than night, I went back to the school and helped out with the class. I met some new people and then went out to eat with them. It sucks that in Vietnamese culture, when you first meet a girl, you can only shake hands with her.

1 comment:
Hella good writing. Nice essay.
Post a Comment