Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 19 - Waterfall

This morning we were supposed to get up early and go to mass again, but I guess everyone slept in. There was this big rain storm that morning. I was told that everyone at the church had mass in the pouring rain. The priest said, if you all will stand in the rain, so will we. I thought it was pretty moving. I wished I woke up earlier so I could’ve been a part of it.

Anyway, that day, we didn’t do much because Pleiku doesn’t have much. We decided to go on a mini road trip to see this waterfall. It was a pain getting there because we took a taxi, but there were too many people to we had to squeeze everyone in. The funny part, was that we had to put a “Just married” sign up just so that the cops wouldn’t pull us over for having way too many people in the car. Haha.

So when we got to the waterfall, we had to climb our way down and through to see it. It was pretty fun. We just chilled the rest of the day. Our bus ride home was around 630-7pm. When we got on the bus, I couldn’t sleep so I sat there thinking.
I realized something. Lately I’ve been feeling really out of faith and not intact with God. I kept asking why things were happening the way they were happening. That night, I finally got my answer. I realized that I wasn’t ready for and needed to accept that things would change. I always thought to myself that I was ready and could handle change, but lately I haven’t. This entire time, I’ve been complaining when the answer was right in front of me. I need to accept change. A change that I will be moving to somewhere not pleasing. A change that my plans aren’t what God has planned for me; that my WYD trip plans will change. A change in lifestyle so that I can get my priorities straight. It is time that I change myself to a new life in God. I’m searching for that spiritual high.

Pictures of everything up soon! Check photobucket @ hiandrewnguyen

No comments: