Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 15 – Sleeeeeeep

Man, all I pretty much did today was sleep. I woke up at 1pm and got some lunch. Then I just walked around. It is so hot here that there have been power outages for the past 3 days. I took another nap at 430 and wok up at an hour later to go to the school. Classes ended up being canceled because of the power outage so some of the students and I went out for drinks. Afterwards, I went with one student, Huy, to get some food and just go around. There were strikes of lightning in the sky. I wanted to get a picture because it was all over and looks so cool, but it was too fast for my camera. Anyway, I met up with one of his friends and we went to this bar and then played pool. It was a pretty slow day.

I learned that, in Vietnamese culture, studying is very important. There are many students who study very much and then go out to other countries to attend the universities. For example, Stanford, Maryland, Arizona, Singapore, Australia, and London.

No comments: