This morning I went back to the school, and man there are a lot of things about this place that amazes me.
Ex.
There is this landscape picture at the front door of a group of horses, one pack running towards the right side, and the other pack running towards the left side. It was so interesting that everything about the school had a meaning or messege behind. The picture represented, first the west and western civilization, second the east and eastern civilization and culture, coming together and meeting at the middle. It was at this school that my grandfather founded that Western culture meets with Vietnamese culture. The horses represented a race. A race to knowledge.
In each classroom, at the front of each door, there is a picture of some important person and a bio about them. The first room had a picture of the first Vietnamese Encyclopedia writer. The second room had a picture of the first Vietnamese Poet. And the third room had a picture of an American writer during the WWII era.
My grandpa's school isn't like any other school. Like I said, there was something behind everything. There aren't even any bells to signal the end of class, but instead, speakers that play music. Classical music signals the start and end of each class.
Later that day, I took a taxi to the other side of town and met up with my dad. I am going to spend the weekend with him and his family. We then went to my uncle's house and basically spent the whole day there.
These are my cousin's. They are actually not much younger than me. 13 and 14 years old, but I am hella taller than them.
Later, we left and I went back to the hotel my dad was staying at and checked in. I have a room for myself with a view of the city.

I also got a cell phone. It was a long day.
Edit**
That night I went out with my dad and his friends. We went around the city and flea market shopped. Went to this hotel and took some pictures. Fresh Coconut and Pina-colata ftw.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY
TO EVERYONE BACK IN THE STATES.
I wanna see fireworks!


No comments:
Post a Comment